Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas

I did try to make as many gifts this year as I could, my other half pitched in and drew an amazing picture for his Dads Christmas gift as well.

For my brother I assembled a personalised first aid kit complete with Dora the Explorer plasters as he has a 2 year old daughter. For my sister-in-law I made the bag in the photo below (I didn't get it finished in time for her birthday in May). Made from Ikea fabrics with a plain black cotton lining. I filled the bag with all different pink sweets and sweets with pink packaging.

For my other-half's second eldest sister and partner I made a selection of jams using the apples and pears from the orchard behind my parents house. I wrapped one of each (apple pancake sauce, apple chilli jelly and pickled pears) in a record bowl shaped to fit the three jars in.

For there two children I made toys. For there eldest who is five I made a sock monkey which I did make in time for Christmas last year whilst we were living in France but we didn't return to England till after Christmas. I dresses the sock monkey as a pirate especially for him.

And since they had a baby in October I made a taggy blanket out of really cute owl fabric with a fleece back. To go with it I made a tiny sock monkey out of baby socks which was very cute but I forgot to take a photo of it.

For his youngest sister (still older than him he's the baby of the family) and her partner I made home flavored vodka, I decided to use retro sweets, after researching on the Internet I decided on Black Jacks for one and Fruit Salads for the other. Then I made a very flat record bowl to wrap up the two bottles in with a packet of each sweets.


And for my very good friend I made some little decrative owls out of felt. I made these from out of a magazine, I much prefer the off white and purple one, I think all the colours work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment