You will need:
PDF pattern from here
10x5cm white felt for eyes
8x4cm yellow/orange felt for beak
12x13cm fabric for belly
17x8cm felt/fleece for eye ‘mask’
33x25cm fabric for bottom and sides
60x36cm fabric for main body
60x43cm wadding or interfacing
60x43cm fabric for lining (optional)
1. Cut out all the pieces, adding a seam allowance where required. You need from our choice of exterior fabrics: 2x main body, 2x triangles, 1 bottom rectangle (about 23x16cm), 1 belly, 1 eye ’mask’, 2x eyes and one beak, 2x eyes. Cut from wadding or interfacing 2x main body and 2x triangles. Lining (if you want) 2x main body and 2x side triangles.
2. Pin one wadding piece to one body piece – this will be the front. Appliqué the belly into position and the eyes, sew the eyes on top of the eye ‘mask’. Then attach the button eyes.
3. Sew both the sides (triangles) to the front, remembering that right sides should be facing. All the sides you want on the outside should be facing together as you sew! Then attach the back to the sides and front.
4. Repeat step three for the lining if you want.
5. Cut the bottom rectangle into two one piece smaller than the other. Attach the shorter piece to the zip first then attach the longer piece. Fold the longer piece over the zip and fold back so that you cannot see the zip but you can still get to it then sew this into place.
6. Attach all the 4 layers, lining, wadding, and main body to the bottom rectangle. I find it easier to hand baste it in to place. The bottom rectangle will be to big so trim it down to size. Then neaten off this seam, perhaps with an overlocker.