Thursday 24 November 2011

Christmas is on it's Merry Way!!!

This year I decided to have a go at making my own decorations! I saw this idea online... its just fabric strips knotted around a wire. This one is just little, I used a bit of wire and made a loop at the top for hanging it up - I have seen others use a wire coat hanger and bend it into a circle.

This second one is massive and very heavy! I used a wire wreath box frame which aren't so easy to get hold of in the UK! I had to order it from the US and the postage was more than the frame, but I think it looks quite impressive! I started using the fabric above but realised it would cost loads if I used my expensive fabric so I found an old green double flat sheet and it used the whole thing and I could have filled it out more if there had been more fabric!!!

The great thing about these are they are both sided, I'm going to hang the big one in my window so everyone can see it! I might try to find something to decorate it with, my mum suggested red berries and I was thinking a big red bow, but I'm not sure yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment