Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Cool Bag For Day Trips

Over the summer months we went out for the day a few times and as the cheapskates we are we always tried to take a packed lunch with us (often the out of date stuff for the local shop brought the night before!). So I decided I would have a go at making a cool bag so that maybe our food would stay cooler, and this is what I came up with! I'm not a 100% happy but it should do for me.

The apple fabric is a medium weight cotton and so is the lining, the green fabric is a upholstery fabric and the handles are just some ribbon - I regret the ribbon but I didn't have anything else at hand when I made it! But what I love is that it is the right size for me and the other half, I designed it so that it fit two small bottles of water and two sandwiches and snacks for two! The other thing I'm impressed with is that I learned how to do a recessed zipper. I used Insul-bright to help the insides stay cool, but I think I was meant to put a layer of wadding in as well but I didn't realise until I had finished, amateurs mistake.

Such a shame it took me this long to get it made as now I'll have to wait until next spring to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment